Rushtons Forensic Accountants & Expert Witnesses
Rushtons Chartered Accountants formed a specialist forensic accounting team in 2016, following its merger with Titus Thorp and Ainsworth. Rushtons' Forensic Accounting team is a natural bi-product of this merger, with two highly experienced and approved Forensic Accounting Experts in Neil Calvert and Michael Muschamp, now able to call upon a large, multi-disciplinary team, including Adam Calvert who joined in 2016, after 5 years with a Big 4 accountancy practice.
In November 2017, Caroline Bedford joined the team, bringing with her a wealth of forensic accounting experience, gained from almost 18 years at a niche forensic accounting practice.
We work with lawyers, insurers, corporates, individuals and the police. Our fundamental service is to analyse financial data and communicate our findings in a clear and concise way. Our experts have experience of testifying in court and ensure that their reports are of an exceptional high standard that can be relied upon.
Rushtons Forensics is a member of NIFA and our forensic accountants act either in a formal capacity, as an independent expert, or as advisers, preparing reports in the following areas:
Commercial Litigation - quantifying losses or preparing valuations in respect of:
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Loss of profits / business interruption
Insurance Litigation - quantifying losses arising from:
- Personal injury / fatal accident / medical negligence / occupational disease (loss of earnings and / or pension)
- Professional negligence
- Product liability
- Subrogation / recovery actions in relation to business interruption claims
- Crime / fidelity
Family / matrimonial litigation:
- Valuing businesses and shareholdings
- Assessment of financial resources and the division of assets
- Fraud and financial investigations (POCA / False Accounting)
- Reporting on financial position of a company for the purpose of sentencing e.g. in Health & Safety prosecutions
Non-contentious valuations / loss calculations:
- Business valuations
- Share valuations
- Minority interest holdings
We have offices based in Preston and Blackpool, and serve the Lancashire area on behalf of NIFA.
Click here to download our Forensic Accounting brochure.